I’m away this weekend, which means I have very little time to cement my (somewhat meagre) July achievements. By breaking down the chores I’ve been avoiding all month into short tasks I can be sure I have enough time to actually do the shit I need/want to get done. By thinking of it as a want I can motivate myself to actually do it – after all, the only person I’m cheating is myself!
To Do Before The End of July:
- Finish at least one blog post (1/2 hour)
- Read/annotate two more poems for dissertation (1/2 hour plus each)
- Put the documentary I watched on Lied singing into my dissertation bullet journal (10 mins?) and update the whole of July (1/2 hour to an hour)
- Sort my new railcard (omg like 1 hour but such faff)
- Go for a swim (1/2 hour swim but it will take like 1 hour to walk there, change etc)
- Read at least one more for-pleasure book (1/2 day? don’t pick Anna Karenina)
- Take the giant thingy of old fabrics in my room to H&M/Marks & Sparks for recycling (about an hour? Maybe less)
To Do During August:
- Begin Booktubing – queue up a whole series (can probs film them in a day and edit over a week)
- Post an instagram every day and save up at least 10 draft instagrams (maybe spend a day wandering around, taking pics? it’ll be fun)
- Finish Der Romantisch Schule w/ annotations.
- Swim once a week. Not on Fridays, Fridays are already exhausting.
- Finish I Love Dick.
- Finish 1x practise GRE.
- Practise German every day. Schedule actual lessons.
- Start seeing therapist again – schedule appointments.
- Do not forget that Becky is staying last weekend of August.
A Short and Achievable List of Aims for the Coming Year.
Write an excellent dissertation. Get onto MA. Make my hobby more rewarding. Have more therapy – stop being quite so hypercritical (I understand that this won’t go away but I can work on it) Take a holiday. Finish a long piece of writing. Get fit to look amazing for graduation. Fix or throw away all the clothes in my wardrobe. Learn to cook new and exciting foods.
- Exercise to look and feel better.
- Relax to feel better and remind myself I actually enjoy everything I’m doing.
- Work hard to attain the best that I can: reading, ‘riting, and a touch of ‘rithmetic.
- Get a damn job! (non-negotiable; does not have to be enjoyable)