Counting my blessings whilst remaining level-headed about what may have gone better is difficult. I believe that in honestly appraising my life I can move forward without shame, pride or regret. I believe that a quick list once in a while will make me feel better through catharsis, and make me see that good/bad, better/not good enough are not linear things which can be achieved or not – there is always a mix in all things.
- Uni grades! They show my hard work, improvement and prospects.
- I also had my mit cercs claim accepted, which means despite the worst grade I have ever achieved I am still pulling out of that module with a high 2:1 aggregate (and a meeting to discuss what went wrong)
- A swing to the left in GE17. Renewed faith in socialist ideals nationally.
- Great fun at the protest with my Maison Platypus buddy.
- We made a friend who has invited us to new protests.
- Went an entire weekend without wearing makeup, only regretted it for about a minute.
- Lovely breakfast out with the boy on Sunday. Saw our friend for coffee after, watched good movies, ate humous.
- Next weekend am going to stay with my parents to celebrate my dad’s birthday, put music on my iPod and attend my friend’s iftar.
- Have reached the ripe old age of 23 without getting noticeably sunburnt.
- Several dream-esque jobs have appeared for me to apply for.
- Have made good headway with the reading for my dissertation. Current books are all three very interesting.
- The DUP/Con potential coalition/shitshow that our nation may be engaging in.
- Had a minor breakdown that involved ugly crying for a looooong time, lying down in the street in Fitzrovia and having to be persuaded of my own worth.
- Skipped dinner on Saturday because the boy was being picky about available options.
- Needed to nap because energy levels were astonishingly low.
- Left my work keys at home. This has (reassuringly? or no?) had minimum impact, just had to sign in manually and get somebody else to unlock my door.
- No vegan bacon crispies for my lunch salad or breakfast porridge as they are in locker, key for which is attached to my work keys.
- Applying for jobs and not hearing anything back. Even when you have chased them. Honestly, I can’t even remember which jobs I’ve applied for any more.
- Still haven’t got my dad a birthday present. Didn’t even phone him because I am a bad daughter.
- Sunburn. I left my factor 50 at home and paid the price, with a bold red triangle on my chest and an obvious tint to my arms. Am now condemned to become a prune lady when I am old. Potentially I have burned my scalp as well as one of my students was commenting on a reddish tint in my hair.
- Gross zit on chin. Mount Vesuvius.